We are recruiting for a Transport Coordinator in Tunstall. Our client is one of the world's leading logistics companies who value and respect their workers. We are offering ongoing positions to candidates who display a can-do spirit and a positive outlook.
Required Experience of a Transport Coordinator:
- Experience gained within a control tower environment (in LLP operations in Supply Chain division) and multi modal transport operations (Road, Air & Sea)
- Demonstrable operational experience within multimodal transport operations (e.g. DGF or DHL Freight)
- Knowledge of DHL systems specifically OTM
- A good degree of computer literacy, with a comprehensive working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels) - good listener and effective in communicating ideas to support the development of good Customer relationships
- Ability to demonstrate logical thinking
- Strong and effective organising, planning and process work methods
- International freight experience desirable
- Location: Tunstall
- Salary: £10.96 p/h
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm
- Duration: Ongoing
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Tactically plan transport movements for multi modal shipments based on order criteria using set lanes, managing dedicated trucks or through a spot bid process.
- Effectively track and manage Domestic & International collection and deliveries
- To provide a key contact for all stakeholders - customer, supplier, service provider & DHL operations & FB&A to ensure the operation runs effectively and to plan.
- Ensure that all aspects of the business operate within defined corporate and legislative requirements
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the customer and carriers to ensure all targets are met
- Accurate execution of day to day operational activities in an effective manner meeting required timelines
- Operational support in achievement of contractual cost down targets
- System driven management of timely and accurate provision of transport milestone and cost updates into DHL web based system
- Negotiation and recording of spot quotations to support non contracted routings, accurate cost input and timely resolution of FBA queries
- Support project activities as and when required
- Operational processing of transport insurance claims
- Timely and complete investigation and closure of all customer queries
Benefits of working with us as a Transport Coordinator:
- 28 Holidays per year
- Weekly Pay
- Pension Scheme
- Employed Status
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Mortgage references
- My Resource Rewards- An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
If you are interested in the above Transport Coordinator role please click apply
If you are looking to contact our onsite team, please visit the site locator on our website: https://www.singleresource.co.uk/candidate/contact-us/
Single Resource do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Single Resource Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Start date: ASAP Duration: Ongoing